According to the office of Joe Robach, the Governor announced the latest set of free concerts for the Great New York State Fair’s Chevy Court stage this summer.
The acts announced bring to 14 the final lineup of as many as 24 acts that will perform during the twice-daily free shows at Chevy Court. They are:
- Country duo Florida Georgia Line, which recently broke the 51 year old record for the longest run at #1 on Billboard’s country music chart. “Cruise” spent 12 weeks at #1 in its original version and in a remix with the rapper Nelly. The duo just won Breakthrough Video of the Year and Duo Video of the Year at the CMT Music Awards. Florida Georgia Line performs at 8 p.m. on Monday, August 26;
- The Cab Calloway Orchestra, led by grandson C. Calloway Brooks, for Senior Day at 2 p.m. on Monday, August 26;
- 17 year old pop star Austin Mahone, one of MTV’s Artists to Watch for 2013, at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, August 27;
- The inventor of The Twist, Chubby Checker, at 2 p.m. Tuesday, August 27;
- All-American country star Lee Greenwood, at 2 p.m. Thursday, August 29;
- Electro-pop artist Owl City, at 2 p.m. Friday, August 30;
- Texican rock group Los Lonely Boys, at 8 p.m. Friday, August 30;
- Country star Kix Brooks, at 8 p.m. Monday, September 2.
More performers for Chevy Court will be announced at a later date. They join the previously announced performers George Clinton and Parliament/Funkadelic, Styx, Vince Gill, Of A Revolution, Dickey Betts and The Happy Together Tour.
In addition, the Fair has already announced six performances for its Grandstand concert series. The performers include Luke Bryan, Jeff Dunham, Toby Keith, Reba, Carly Rae Jepsen and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Chevy Court concerts are free with a Fair admission ticket to the Great New York State Fair.
According to the office of Joe Robach, the New York State Fair runs from August 22 – September 2, 2013. The Fair’s theme is “Sharing the Bounty and Pride of New York.”
In addition to the annual New York State Fair, the Fairgrounds host dozens of agricultural events throughout the year, including some of the Northeast’s most prestigious horse and livestock shows.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair’s website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook or follow NYS Fair on Twitter. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas on the Great New York State Fair at email@example.com.
For more information, you can also contact the office of Joe Robach.